The Making of.......I HAVEN'T GOT ANYTHING BETTER TO DO



       It was either in the late 60s or early 70s that I heard the song "I Haven't Got Anything Better To Do" from the late Stanley Turrentine's classic Salt Sea album. I first heard it as an instrumental, so it took some getting used to the original vocal by Astrud Gilberto (of Girl From Ipanema fame). Later Dionne Warwick's sister Dee Dee recorded it. Since becoming familiar with all three versions of the song and then hearing a
new version by Natalie Cole I decided to make the song part of the "I Will Be Here For You" CD and
introduce our version at P&G Bar back in 2011.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNDER THE BOARDWALK by Arthur Resnick and Kenny Young (c)T.M. Music Co.

GOODNIGHT MY LOVE by Jessie Belvin

CITY OF ANGELS BY William Griffin and Warren Moore (c) 1976 Grimora Music Co.