Sunday, December 20, 2015

Wishful Thinking (lyrics)

                                         WISHFUL THINKING
         Music by Earl Klugh, Lyrics by Claude Chaney
         (c) 1985 Colgems EMI Music  (c)2011 New Continuum Music


All in my mind
Wasting time
Just wishful thinking

All in my mind
Wasting time
Just wishful thinking

Wishful thinking, that's all I do
Telling myself I'll find a way that
I could get myself closer to you
Is it only me I'm fooling
Am I wasting my time?
Telling myself again you will be mine

Called your family, they say you're not home
How stubborn can one man be
They say I should just leave you alone
But if love can happen one time
It can happen again
I'm wishful thinking your love I could win

Clouds dance on the wind
Then they blow away
Then before you notice they return another day
Those clouds they could be just like you and me
We'll just have to wait and see

Can stop trying, not so inclined
Come fill this empty space beside me
Before I go right out of my mind
Forgive me just this one time
It won't happen again
I'm wishful thinking you'll be mine again

Clouds dance on the wind
Then they blow away
Then before you notice they return another day
Those clouds they could be just like you and me
We'll just have to wait and see

Can't stop trying, not so inclined
Come fill this empty space beside
Before I go right out of my mind
If love could happen one time
It can happen again
I'm wishful thinking you'll be mine again

All in my mind
Wasting time
Just wishful thinking

All in my mind
Wasting time
Just wishful thinking

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment